The salient features of the scheme are as follows:-
· The Competent Authority for admissions shall be the same as for regular admissions.
· This scheme shall be applicable and mandatory to all AICTE approved Engineering institutes.
· Under the Scheme, up to maximum 5 percent of sanctioned intake per course shall be available for these admissions. These seats shall be supernumerary in nature.
· Sons and daughters of parents whose annual income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs from all sources shall only be eligible for seats under this scheme.
· The Waiver is limited to the tuition fee as approved by the State Level Fee Committee for self-financing Institutions and by the Government for the Government and Government Aided Institutions. All other Fees except tuition fees will have to be paid by the beneficiary.
· In the event of non-availability of students in this category the same shall not be given to any other category of applicants.
· State Admission authority shall invite applications under this category, make a separate merit list for this category and effect admissions on the basis of the merit list so generated.
· The Institutions shall publish in their brochure and web site the details of this scheme.
· Competent Authority for admissions shall submit a separate list of the students admitted under this category to the Institute to which they are admitted for compliance.
· A letter in this respect shall be issued by the Competent Authority for admissions to each beneficiary student admitted under this scheme and he / she shall not be allowed to change Institution / course under any circumstances.
· The Institutions shall also display
information regarding admitted candidates in their web sites for information to
the students and other stakeholders.
Tuition Fee Waiver scheme shall be
implemented as follows:
admission to these additional seats will be done along with the admission to
Maharashtra State seats available for CAP by the Competent Authority during
such additional seats shall be treated as TFWS seats of Maharashtra state
quota. These additional seats will be filled as State Level seats and will be
made available to eligible candidates as a separate choice.
candidate opting for admission against these additional seats under this scheme
is exempted from paying the tuition fees for the allotted course.
willing to opt for these additional TFWS seats will have to specify their
willingness in the option form as a separate choice code.
Maharashtra State candidates (on the basis of score of MHT-CET-2011) will be
admitted under such additional seats.
the event of non-availability of students in this category the same shall not
be given to any other category of applicants and it will remain vacant.
waiver is limited to the tuition fee as approved by Shikshan Shulka Samiti for
unaided institutes and by the Government for Govt/Govt. Aided/University
Dept/University Managed institutes. All other fees except tuition fees will
have to be paid by the beneficiary for the entire duration of the course.
Institutions should publish in their brochure and web site the number of
tuition fee waivers available in each category in each course/division.
Competent Authority will prepare merit list of applicants from eligible
students and will effect admissions strictly on merit basis.
letter in this respect shall be issued by the Competent Authority for
admissions to each beneficiary.
admitted under this scheme shall not be allowed to change Institution/course
under any circumstances.
competent authority and Institutions will display the information regarding
admitted candidates in their respective web sites for information to the
students and other stakeholders.
will not charge tuition fee for the entire duration of the course to the
beneficiaries irrespective of the total number of enrollment in each year of
willing to opt for these additional TFWS seats will have to submit income
certificate stating that his/her parent’s annual income is less than Rs. 2.50
lakhs from all sources from the appropriate competent authority of the
seats shall be filled only through Round-I, II and III of CAP process on the
basis of score of MHT-CET-2011.
VPCOE Choice Codes: